PiGen stands for Pigeon Genetics, a center for the enhancing, counseling and reliability of the genetic quality of racing pigeons. PiGen was founded by two veterinary surgeons, Ruben Lanckriet and Pascal Lanneau and the first goal was to provide an answer to questions concerning scientific parental testing for pigeons.
OUR AIMS ARE:
- improving the genetic authenticity of racing pigeon pedigrees
- working for and assisting in the broadening of knowledge on genes with an effect on racing performance and/or health
- assist in improving the general genetic quality of the stock of a racing pigeon fancier
- working for an international standard in genetic research in racing pigeons in cooperation with veterinary professionals
- assisting in scientific genetic knowledge for the benefit of the pigeon racing sport in general