PiGen coördinates genetic research in racing pigeons. Because of the extensive trade in high quality racing pigeons, our main services are parental DNA testing and quality gene testing. PiGen uses a strict standard procedure to make sure the reliability for all concerned parties is as high as possible. Sampling always has to be done by an independant veterinary professional. If a veterinarian wants to conduct DNA tests on his own racing pigeons, an independant collegue has to take, sign and send the samples to us. In this way we aim at making PiGen a high quality label. The DNA tests themselves are done under ISO9001 accreditation accordant ISAG (International Society for Animal Genetics www.isag.us) recommendations and international agreed Pigeon DNA marker panel.
To request DNA tests, please log in.
WHY CHOOSE FOR PIGEN?
- PiGen uses a strict standard procedure to make sure the reliability for all concerned parties is as high as possible. Sampling always has to be done by an independent veterinarian.
- PiGen offers you and your pigeons a quality label, because of the strict procedure and the large database.
- PiGen offers the highest quality of DNA testing for an affordable price.
- If you do your DNA tests with PiGen your DNA certificates immediately also become a "DNA pedigree" if there is already more than one generation DNA certified.
- PiGen has a unique inherent fraud resistant system because of the possibility for everyone to check the authenticity of a DNA certificate online on our official website www.pigen.be
PiGen does not only co-ordinate parental testing and the issuing of certificates; it will also gather and further investigate scientific information about the DNA of a pigeon and contribute to further scientific studies about the subject in coöperation with scientists and universities.
The aim is also to try and harmonise the different studies in this field to allow for an easier international exchange of data and to improve constructive co-operation between veterinary surgeons. PiGen promotes the international set of gene markers with a high fidelity by working out a standard procedure for vets and by promoting co-operation with certified laboratories for parental and gene testing.
The large database of high quality pigeons makes it possible to create a DNA pedigree meaning extensively more than one generation is DNA certified. That is why we have made it possible to extend our DNA certificates to more generations.